Banner Journal Entry Process
DOCUMENT CHARGES BETWEEN DEPARTMENTS WITH DEPARTMENTAL PAYMENT FORMS (DocuSign)
Please see our training video for an overview of how to use these forms. Please see our guide for how to track your document. If you do not have Banner Access, please refer to this list of Banner expenditure account codes (PDF).
- Departmental Payment Form – General (to be used unless you are paying for one of the goods/services listed below)
- Athletics Ticket Office
- OTIDE Financial Services
- Chemistry Stockroom – For payments to the Chemistry stockroom, do not initiate a DocuSign IDT form. End users should bring a blank copy of the paper IDT form with appropriate signature(s), Department name and address, date and preparer name and extension and FOAP to be charged. This form may be obtained by emailing or calling the stockroom at email@example.com or 205-348-8446 or accessing via the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry website.
- Supply Store
- Visitor Parking Permit
- Animal Care Facility – For payments to the Animal Care Facility, do not initiate a DocuSign IDT form. Wait and complete the paper IDT form sent by Animal Care and return to Box 870334.
- FOAP Attachment (Excel) template (optional)
The following forms should only be initiated by departments indicated below:
- Action Card Sales Payment (Action Card Office)
- OTIDE Course Transfer/Other (OTIDE)
- Supply Store Athletics Books (Supply Store)
- Departmental Payment Form – A&S (use only when charging an Arts and Sciences FOAP)
POST ENTRY TO BANNER USING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
NOTE: Suggested Browsers for Online Forms: Google Chrome, Firefox, or the latest version of Microsoft Edge.
Online Journal Vouchers – Journal Vouchers (JVs) or Journal Entries (JEs) are used to move amounts between FOAPs in order to distribute interdepartmental charges, reclassify charges or correct data in the general ledger system in Banner. Debits and Credits can be to any valid account code. This form will create an entry to post in Banner. Please see our training video for an overview of how to use this form. Please retain a copy of your online entry and backup until you receive a confirmation email that your entry has been approved.
Online Interdepartmental Transfers – Interdepartmental Transfers (IDTs) are used to record charges and revenue/recovery for sales of goods and services between University departments. Debit entry must be to an Expense account (7xxxxx) and Credit entry must be to Revenue (5xxxxx)/Recovery (7801xx) or account beginning with a 2 or 1. This form will create an entry to post to Banner. Please see our training video for an overview of how to use this form. Please retain a copy of your online entry and backup until you receive a confirmation email that your entry has been approved.
FUPLOAD Template (XLS) – use this form for journal entries of 10 lines or more. Submit completed FUPLOAD templates to Starr Deas (firstname.lastname@example.org) for processing.
SUBMIT BACKUP DOCUMENTATION TO FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR REVIEW AND RECORDKEEPING
Journal Voucher Documentation Submission – use this form to submit backup documentation for entries completed on the FGAJVCD(Q) screens or FUPLOAD processed by Financial Accounting & Reporting. Documentation will be saved to OnBase.
Athletic Ticket Inventory Form (PDF)
Banner Finance Access (DocuSign) – This form should be completed for new or current users of the Banner Finance system. Any changes in Banner Finance Security should be requested by the Banner User or Fiscal Budget Manager of the appropriate department/division. The Dean, Director, Department Head or Fiscal Budget Manager of the department/division should provide a signature approval of the request. For buyBama access, please visit the UA Purchasing’s buyBama website.